Thursday, February 21, 2013

No more bad news

“Don't bring me bad news, no bad news
I don't need none of your bad news today”

-Patty Griffin


Superstorms. Blizzards. Fiscal cliffs. Political gridlock. Abuse of power. Misuse of trust. Violence – against children, girlfriends, partners, friends, neighbors, elders, strangers, animals.

The news is full of mind-numbing, soul crushing, energy sapping bad, bad, bad, bad stuff.

I can only expect locusts, frogs, and pestilence next.

What I need is more balance. More good news.

Incredibly, I found some:

And there’s more good stuff at such sites as:

So when the news get you down, and you begin to feel the crushing weight of so much bad stuff happening in the world, take the time to search out some goodness.

It’s there. Waiting to be found. Taking a backseat to all those sensational headlines attracting attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment