Thursday, August 11, 2011

Is it still August?

It's only 11 days into August -- barely one-third through the month -- and already I feel rushed into September and October.

It's always like this. I work on projects with deadlines that draw me into the future.

This forward thinking is so much a part of my life that I find it difficult to stay present in the present.

And, really, how can anyone take it one day at a time when back-to-school sales beckon and previews of the fall TV lineup are sprinkled into daily programming?

I went to the Internet for answers, as I do for most things. Among all the workshops and DVDs and books on offer were several sites with rational (or only slightly strange) advice. Here are a few to get you (and me) started:

A short search and many tips later, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not alone is my inability to focus on today, everyday.

One bit of advice I can surely remember -- probably because my yoga instructor repeats it every class -- is to take a deep breath...and then let it all go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment