Thursday, July 30, 2009

Simply amazing, simply Wawa

I first knew Wawa as a convenience store, on par with 7-Eleven, but with a stranger name. It was a quick stopping point for coffee or snacks on my way to somewhere else. Now it has become a destination in its own right. Many businesses, even those beyond the service sector, would do themselves a favor by studying the Wawa model.

Wawa's core purpose is "To Simplify Our Customers' Daily Lives." And that's exactly what it does.
  • Need a little caffeine pick-me-up? Wawa has dozens of fresh coffee pots to pour from, so you never have to wait for a fresh brew-- or someone else to pour.
  • Concerned about the once-and-trash nature of disposable coffee cups? You can drink "green" with a refillable Wawa coffee mug that fits snugly in the console of your car.
  • Lunch? Head to the touchscreens to place your order, and it's ready in minutes. Couldn't be easier.
What impresses me more than a specific service is the fact that Wawa gets it. It offers simple services quickly and in a smart way, with an interface -- like a touchscreen or coffee center -- that's easy and even enjoyable to use.

I know I'm not the only Wawa fan. There are 149,099 on Wawa's Facebook page. There's even a Facebook "Addicted to Wawa" group.

No, I don't work for Wawa. I just love being able to satisfy my everyday needs with one quick stop. And the gas prices are hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment