Wednesday, February 11, 2009

All the news...

Blogs. Social Networks. Tweets. I'm still trying to sort out the value of each and how it fits in my day. Granted, I'm not one to spend more time than is necessary in front of the computer. If I'm not working at the keyboard, I prefer to stretch, get some fresh air, read the paper. A real paper. Newsprint in my hands. Pages to turn. Stories to skim.

I must be in the minority, because newspapers are in crisis...and I don't get it. To me, a newspaper is like the main meal of the day and blogs are like tasty snacks. You can't get all your nutrition from snacks, but snacks can satisfy your hunger between meals.

Try getting your cat to roll around and play on your blog. Never happen. But just try to keep the cat from batting around the newspaper whenever you're trying to read. That's quality time.

One resource that's working to save newspapers is the Newspaper Project. Click on over and give it a read. Otherwise, we could wind up singing Joni Mitchell songs for departed papers: "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone...."

No comments:

Post a Comment