Friday, April 1, 2011

Fun for fools

I'm not looking for a full-time job. I'm not even looking for a part-time job. AMY INK keeps me quite busy, I'm happy to say. Still, I never miss an issue of Ned's Job of the Week. I read the Monday morning email regularly -- and pass it on when I think one of my colleagues might have an interest.

With today being April Fools' Day, do yourself a favor by skimming through this fun read. The issue for March 32, 2011, is packed with clever turns on the usual job-search stuff.

And don't miss the "One Haiku Pitch." For example...

(From Milton Longfellow:)
I’m a hard worker;
And the restraining order
Expires in two weeks.

(From Nigel Turntable:)
Looking for a change.
Actually, I need change;
Must pay Comcast bill.

I know that being out of work, or looking for a better job, is certainly no joke. I hope Ned's April Fools' edition helps to lighten your day.

***To subscribe to Ned's weekly job listings, send a blank e-mail to: JOTW-subscribe@topica.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment