Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Unique...or not

On this April Fool's Day, I realize what a big fool I've been thinking about how unique I am. It's an exercise that all businesses should do when trying to distinguish themselves from the competition. Where I fail in the uniqueness category is my name.

According to the site How Many of Me, of all the 306,125,973 people in the U.S, of those over the age of 13:
  • 690,307 have the first name Amy;
  • 12,276 have the last name Binder; and
  • 28 are named Amy Binder.
So, I'm not the "one and only" Amy Binder, except (I hope) to my husband (a Greenstine). But if I work the numbers, at least I'm one in a million--or two or ten.

Wanna see how many of you there are? Visit How Many of Me.

1 comment:

  1. I love this analysis of our uniqueness and independence. Are you totally unique and free to behave any way you want if there are 28 others in the world with the same name, perhaps even with a business with the same name? I thought I was unique until a guy in Denmark wanted to buy my internet domain because he had a similar name and wanted the same 'net connection.

    ReplyDelete